At Kinross Primary School, Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS) is taught from Kindergarten to Year 6.
In the Western Australian Curriculum, the Humanities and Social Sciences learning area comprises four subjects: Civics and Citizenship, Economics and Business, Geography and History.
In an ever-changing world, it is important that we prepare our students with the following
- a deep knowledge and sense of wonder, curiosity and respect for places, people, cultures, events, ideas and environments throughout the world
- a lifelong sense of belonging and developed sense of responsibility. Ethical and active participants in society at a local, national and global scale
- a knowledge, understanding and an appreciation of the past and the forces that shape our society
- the ability to think critically and solve problems using inquiry skills
- enterprising behaviours and capabilities that enable them to be active participants and decision-makers
- an understanding of, and commitment to, the concepts of sustainability to bring about equity and social justice
- a knowledge and understanding of the connections among the peoples of Asia, Australia and the rest of the world.