At Kinross PS, we provide many opportunities for our students to be involved in extra-curricular activities. Many clubs and activities exist for students to belong to for their interest and enjoyment. These include:
- “Loose Parts Sheds” in both the junior and senior areas which involves free play with an extensive amount of donated materials.
- Fun Friday Trolleys are brought out to the courtyard each day and are looked after by our Peer Mediators. Here, students can borrow high interest equipment to play with at lunchtime.
- Resource Rescuers and Garden Gurus are chosen from each class to attend weekly meetings and promote environmentally friendly initiatives around the school.
- Jogging Club is held every Tuesday morning at 8.00am weather permitting. This is run by Ms Nat Kaminski, Faction Captains and parent volunteers. All students and parents are welcome.
- The Kinross Primary School Choir and Drumbeat programs are run by Mrs Emma Brierley. Both groups meet on Fridays and are invited to perform at several events throughout the year.
- Jump Jam is a fusion of dance & fitness disciplines along with cultural interpretations that capture the look, attitude, posture and elements of Aerobics and Fitness. Jump Jam is held each Monday in the undercover area commencing at 8am. All students are welcome.
- The Instrumental School of Music runs lessons for nominated students in Years 5 and 6 to study brass and guitar once a week. These students are invited to perform at assemblies and the Christmas Concert.
- Kinross PS is a regular participant in the WA Government School Music Society (WAGSM) concert at Crown. Mrs Nat Kaminski runs dance rehearsals for students after school. Students in Years 4-6 are able to participate.